Some erwin Data Modeler models may contain data movement source specifications and data movement rules. These are in turn imported into the Web Portal. In many cases, these data movement source specifications may match another erwin Data Modeler model that was imported separately. Such data movement specification models may be added to a configuration and may be “stitched” together with that second model, where one model is the complete representation of a source that is defined in another model with data movement specifications.
Steps to open the Stitching Browser:
- Sign in to erwin Web Portal as a user with Metadata Manager UI privileges.
- Open the configuration you wish to contain these stitched models.
- Drag a model containing these data movement rules into the configuration.
- Drag another model into the configuration which fully defines the same data store as a data source specification in the first model (the one with data movement rules).
- Right-click on the first model (the one with data movement rules) and select Edit Connections.
6. In the Edit Connections dialog, associate each data movement source specification with a model (the second model in this case) which represents or matches that source.
Click Open Connection, you will see Stitching Browser Tab as below: