I would like to see an existing FK column in the Child Table, but do not want to see the Relationship. Can we drop a Relationship, but keep the FK column?
Currently (until erwin v 9.7) you cannot drop a Relationship without deleting the corresponding FK column. However, even though erwin doesn't have a function to drop FK without dropping FK column, there is a workaround to keep FK columns without seeing the Relationship or Generating the syntax for FK constraint.
Here are the steps:
1. Switch to the Physical side.
2. Highlight the Relationship and Right Mouse Click and select Properties.
3. Deselect "Generate" in the check box and close properties window. This will filter that FK constraint and its syntax will not be generated.
4. Right Mouse Click on a blank area in the Diagram display and select Properties.
5. In the 'Relationship' tab (there are two tabs, one Relationships and the other one Relationship, click on the second one) and deselect the check mark in the box for "Display Ungenerated Relationships" so that ungenerated Relationships are hidden.
Now you will see FK columns are in child table, but the Relationship is not visible. Also, there will be no FK Constraint syntax generated for that Relationship. You can verify it by FE/preview to generate DDL, you will see That there is no FK constraint in the DDL. Going forward, this functionality of deleting a Relationship with an option to keep the migrated FK column will also be available.