Easy Utility to Test if a LOCAL TCP port is open
Purpose: Many products in the CA ERwin Modeling Suite use ports to function.
This easy utility may be used to check if the required port(s) is open on that specific machine.
Operating System: runs on Microsoft Windows.
- If the port is open, True is returned.
- If the port is not open, False is returned.
- If the port is non-existent, False is returned.
Steps to use it
Download CheckPortOpen.zip2 (206 kb). Rename that to CheckPortOpen.zip and unzip it. Then follow the steps below:
1. Double click CheckPortOpen.exe.
2. Type the port number.
3. Press OK.
Wait a few moments and the result is returned:
Figure 2. The port is Open
Figure 3. The port is closed.
Ports Quick Chart
Ports needed to be open
Mart Server Host Machine
CA ERwin DM Workgroup edition machine
and your company network and VPN
|CA ERwin License Administrator
- Browser access: 18089
- Access to the application from the ERwin clients: 27000 on the host machine, the company network and VPN, and the ERwin DM client machines.
- There is also the Vendor Daemon port on the License Administrator host machine that is set randomly at startup time. We suggest that you set that to a definite port using 'Use this port'.